Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Jeld-wen Siteline ex

Posted by hockypuck (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 26, 09 at 22:03

I have a nice 1960's ranch in which we are about to start changing the windows. Wood exterior and we intend to keep that so we are looking at the Jeld-wen siteline ex hybrid series of windows. My major concern is with some of the bad press concerning how these windows preform in the cold. We are in New Hampshire and it can get cold. I understand that a window is only as good as its installation, but it does concern me about some of the press I have read about drafts and such with these windows. I quoted Pella architect series, and I do not want to pay 800 bucks for a double hung widow. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Jeld-wen Siteline ex

What part of NH are you in? What size windows are you looking for? There are other options available to you

o
HD 4th of July Sale on Jeldwen

If you're considering Jeldwens, I saw in our newspaper that Home Depot has Jeldwen special orders at 15% off for the 4th of July sale.

o
RE: Jeld-wen Siteline ex

STAY AWAY FROM JELDWEN, Look at Lepage Millwork there are dealers up that way

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here