Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
anderson slider 400 or 200 ? (how to paint the inside)??

Posted by titan7 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 19, 10 at 20:33

So I ordered a 200 series gliding door because I like more glass area that the french door look of the 400. I upgraded the LowE so there is no difference between them.

No how the heck do I paint the pine on the inside of the door to have a factory finish, will it no rub off as soon as it's opened the first time??

I was considering the permashield casing but that color will not match the painted door molding that will go around the frame???

So what to do??? I can get the permasheild but it won't match the molding or I can get pine on the inside and paint the molding and door to match? I am guessing this is a pro painting task?

Does anyone prefer the 400 to 200? Seems like you lose light coming in do to more frame?

thanks!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: anderson slider 400 or 200 ? (how to paint the inside)??

i used the pre painted 200 series , to match the paid and sheen you have to paint it with an enamal I belive its Dove White.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here