Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Advice on Sliding/French Doors

Posted by vbhomeowner (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 1, 14 at 20:33

Looking to Replace Two Patio Doors. Current doors are original one in-swing one fixed french door and a replacement (by former homeowner) made by Therma-Thu that leaks air badly.

The dimensions are standard for a 66 wide and std height opening meaning apparently i cannot get a standard spec vinyl replacement patio door.

Question: what is the normal up charge for a 66 inch wide vice having installer put 60 inch door in and reframing it.

My preferred choices are either Sunrise or Okna if that can be done reasonably. If not probably go to Integrity or Anderson or Infinity or something else that folks might suggest.

Also I Currently have Sunrise Windows and I am installing
more so I prefer high quality vinyl or Wood or Fiberglass.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Advice on Sliding/French Doors

Meant to say 66 inch opening apparently standard for french doors but not sliders.

o

Correct on the opening size.

It will be either a custom sized sliding door or you can pad the opening down to a 5' standard.

Same thing I said on the other board in terms of recommendations.

Can't go wrong with either option.

If you have a good relationship with the Sunrise dealer, historically you would go back to that person if you were happy with the install and product performance.

o

Thanks WOW. Any idea of price of up-charge for the custom sunrise or okna sliders from standard 5 foot doors.

o

Tough to say but the materials price is much more expensive.

Install will be the same but the total price, in our market, is anywhere from $400-$600 more.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here