Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
where are all the hopper windows?

Posted by tobes36 (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 21, 13 at 20:07

Hello,

I have a shed style roof in my living room. Right now I have a bank of 4 picture windows 5' x 1.5' along the high side of the room. I want to replace at least one of them with a awning or hopper type of window so I can ventilate the space. I would prefer a hopper type of window so I can have it screened on the outside. There are a lot of insects where I live.

The window is somewhat protected in that it is under an eave. I've noticed that the big names don't make them (andersen, milgard, marvin).

What are my options? I need one with a pull ring because it is about 12-14' high.

Suggestions? pitfalls?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: where are all the hopper windows?

Commercial aluminum (Traco, Kawneer, Efco) and I do believe most vinyl companies make a hopper as well.

o

Marvin has a tilt turn which turns into a hopper

o

I would look consider a slider for that size,and replace the whole bank with one window. It would probally cost less and be more functional.

o

As stated above, most vinyl companies make hoppers. The Marvin tilt and turns are fabulous windows, just be prepared to take out another mortgage on your home to pay for them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here