Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lyfb

Marvin casement windows & window treatments

Lil B
13 years ago

I love our Marvin aluminum clad-wood casement windows. But they are posing a little complication as I consider window treatments. I really hate to cover up the beautfiul windows with shutters or blinds, but some privacy is necessary in some areas. I like the look of Hunter Douglas Provenance Woven woods. I love the top-down, bottom-up functionality too. I thought that their Classic Line woven woods would work in our home (no top down bottom up option thought). Today the window lady measured, and in any window that opens, even the classic woven woods would protrude at the top about an inch. This seems like an ugly way to put in window treatments. I would like a professional, inside mount, clean look. I think she said where they would install would be only 5/8" deep for the inside mount. Outside mounts are an option, but that sounds like it will cover up my wood trim.

It may be the way our GC installed the windows, because I know that they like the look of a recessed window. None of this made sense when we were designing the house. I vaguely remember conversations on how this method of window installation gives the home more curb appeal and a more classic look.

Can anybody share their experience? Or pics? Recommended products?

At this point, I'm leaning towards draperies in any area where privacy is needed.

Comment (1)