Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
okna 800 - sdl or no sdl?

Posted by j4ino (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 21, 13 at 19:11

Hi everyone! You have been such a great source of information! I want to get a general poll of what everyone things about OKNA 800? I'm planning on ordering these windows. Also, how can I tell if a window installer is "good"? I found a company based on two recommendations on this forum. Plus the google reviews and yelp reviews are great.

Finally, SDL is $112 more and I have 25 windows. I'm thinking of putting the SDL on just the windows on the first floor (where there is high traffic). I would do grids between the glass on the second floor. I don't know how this would look from the outside of the home? What do you think?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: okna 800 - sdl or no sdl?

I think it would look fine. 112 is a very good price for SDL. Although not knowing the specifics, sdl is usually 125-140 above regular grids between the glass as long as the grids are white and not any kind of wood grain. As far as installation, if all the reviews are good plus they are an okna 800 dealer, you are in very good hands.
Best of luck, you chose a great looking window.

o
RE: okna 800 - sdl or no sdl?

+1. I do like the SDLs but they are certainly an option that does drive the cost up a bit.

I would keep the grid type consistent by elevation and not by floor.

Ex. All the windows facing a given direction (North, South, East, or West)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here