Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Assistance on replacement windows

Posted by highlanderross (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 6, 14 at 17:16

Hi,
We are looking to replace (not new construction) 15 windows. We have gotten one quote back so far for two lines we were considering. The Marvin infinity quote came back at about 17K. This seems pretty high even if window installation is included. We are in the NJ/NY area.

Has anyone had any experience with these windows. Our sizes range from 24X48, to 48X48 casements.

Thanks for any of your input!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Assistance on replacement windows

I know the Infinity window pretty well.

It is a very good looking product but its performance is not anywhere near the top of the heap despite the marketing of the Ultrex material as superior to everything else.

o

Yep - wins the beauty contest, but after that it is all over. There a windows out there with FAR better thermal efficiencies.

o

The Infinity performance numbers are not nearly as good as some of the high end vinyl such as okna, soft lite( elements), and sunrise.
Did you look into a composite such as Starmark Windows? Its a nice looking window and the performance numbers are much better than Infinity and also is better priced. I would seriously consider Starmark.

You have 15 windows? The 48 x 48 is probably a twin casement which is considered 2 windows. It that how you counted?
Are the windows white on the inside and white on the outside? Any grids?

This post was edited by mmarse1 on Fri, Jun 6, 14 at 23:25

o

In NY/NJ you have a very fine window company that I would highly recommend contacting - AGM Windows & Siding. They offer some of the finest products in the industry and their installation details are above and beyond their competitors. Great guys to deal with.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here