Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Marvin Integrity or Andersen 400 windows

Posted by weiss528i (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 9, 10 at 16:48

We are replacing all the windows in our home. I would like to have nice (wood) windows in the Family Room and Living Room (and will settle for vinyl in the rest of the house).

The pricing between the Marvin Integrity and the Andersen 400 series is roughly the same. Is one product better than the other? How do they compare quality wise?

I plan to put Milgard vinyl in the rest of the house. Is this okay?

I appreciate your feedback.
Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Marvin Integrity or Andersen 400 windows

Marvin Integrity would be my choice. As far as the balance of the home i would change the FR and LR now and save up until you can put Integrity throughout and stay away from Vinyl period, but this is just my opinion

o

Why would you stay away from vinyl?

o

I personally do not care for Vinyl, just my own preference I guess. I had sold vinyl but lower end and I guess it just left a bad taste in my mouth. I should not be so closed minded to it and do some research to educate myself on the better brands.

o

Afsa...the good vinyl brands out there now and days are really nice products now.

I would give them a second look now.

o

Understood and will do windows. I happen to work for an Architectural Window and Door company and we do High End Residential on LI and in NYC(apartments,townhouses etc) and some commercial and our product are for the most part Wood, Wood/Alum, and all aluminum(Schuco,and our own brand Euroteq). So i don't have get involved in vinyl much but i will strive to become better educated in the product.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here