Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Construction - Window Advice Requested

Posted by ratucker3 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 4, 11 at 16:43

We have a new home under construction....can't really budget top line windows so I am seeking info and opinions on middle grade windows for a new home. I would prefer: not to have to paint inside and out in the future so I've been surfing for vinyl or fiberglass (but had bad luck with a fiberglass door in our current home). Brands that my builder has used previously are PlyGem, Andersen, Windsor, and our current home has Pella clad double hung (and we've had good luck with them----20 years in age).
I will need in new home double hung, I like tilt/wash feature as I'm getting on in age with respect to washing windows, and as previously stated pre-finished inside and out. Our home is in deep south on Alabama/Florida line.....thanks so much for your input and opinions.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Construction - Window Advice Requested

Brands I sell and like in your area would be PGT, Gorell, Simonton, SilverLine, Atrium.

I don't like PlyGems and I actually sold a few, because they tend to fade in the sun, especially the new construction stuff.

Anderson's vinyl line is SilverLine and they have a fiberglass line too.

I don't sell Pella unless someone really wants it, thats from personal experience, and knowing a supervisor at Pella.

o

Andersen also has a vinyl clad wood window with the tilt feature called the 200 Series Tilt-Wash Double-Hung. A window with alot of the features and accessories of a premium window at a lower price. Check them out on line for more details.

Here is a link that might be useful: Andersen 200 Series Tilt-Wash Double-Hung windows

o

Dam, look at that now we even have Andersen Windows spamming the site.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here