Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Marvin Intergrity vs Andersen A

Posted by lkbum (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 29, 11 at 16:33

Thanks in advance, I searched this forum and read several threads on Integrity. I am doing new construction. Lot's of glass, full southern exposure (lot's of sun). Our local Marvin distributor offers installation (so I anticipate no installation issues, 10 yr warranty on install). My builder has recommended looking at Andersen that also use fibrerglass in places. I have not talked to the Andersen rep yet, but on their website, it appears that these are the Architectural series windows. This is a big investment for me ($35k in windows for Integrity), would like to know opions from any actual users (not reps or sales folks) on either of these two windows. Integritys are outswing french, casement, awning and fixed panel. Again thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Marvin Intergrity vs Andersen A

Andersen does not use fiberglass. They do have a composite window (Fibrex), however, that is a mostly vinyl window.

I think the Marvin Integrity is a superior window but you are well advised to get a competitive bid on the project.

o

I would second wow recommendations

o

Thanks, I have been seen the Integrity in a show room and was impressed. By competitive bid, do you mean different distributors of the same (marvin) windows, or all distributors on the page.....

o

Same product different dealers using the same specs.

o

We considered the Integrity, Andersen, Milgard Ultra and a few aluminum windows and eventually settled on the Integrity for our tiny beach house. We are replacing / adding new windows in stages. We put in our first window last week and we'll do two more this weekend. I can't say anything about longevity, but I am happy with the way the window looks as well as our local Marvin dealer. We went with the all Ultrex model with the ebony exterior. IIRC, the Integrity was the only fiberglass window to come in black; the others come in an almost black dark bronze but that would not have cut it as our other trim, front door and garage door are or will all be a true black. My one complaint about the all Ultrex is the lack of grid options--you can only have the fake looking internal grids and the interior side of the grids is only available in white. Since we think we'll eventually paint the interior of the windows black, we didn't want to be stuck with a grid/muntin bar that we couldn't change, so we went with no grids. Our windows are single hung.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here