Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shadygrove_gw

confusion--too many names / brands / models

shadygrove
12 years ago

My head spins to the point of exhaustion when I read all the posts about replacement windows and I throw myself on your good graces, at the risk of repeating old information.

I would love to have some suggestions as to manufacturers / models for what seems to me to be my simple needs.

I need to replace fifteen windows, un-named brand and un-traceable, which were bought builder's grade presumably from Lowe's twenty-five years ago. The original windows are all now having some problems with the weird spring in their side sashes that keeps the windows gliding smoothly. I am unable to locate replacement parts or repair, as the windows were all originally placed in from the exterior as single-hung sealed units.

What I am looking for are aluminum exterior, wood interior, 30" x 60" windows without lites, either single- or double-hung, I don't much care, as plain as plain can be. Without installation, anything decent to last another twenty-five years in the $400-$500 range? I live in central Virginia.

I'm not trying to get out of doing my homework, its just an overwhelming number of brands.......

Thanks for any thoughts.

Comments (6)