Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
internal blinds on sliding door?

Posted by kithelp (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 22, 09 at 14:11

Please share your experiences with internal blinds on a glass sliding door. I am considered about how easly the blinds could break because I assume that you cannot or cannot easily replace the blinds.. TIA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: internal blinds on sliding door?

What kind of blinds are you talking about? There are hundreds of different types and opening mechanisms. We've had ours for 10+ years and they operate like new.

We have 3 sets of 8' high Milgard sliding glass doors. Two have vertical blinds and the third, in the kitchen, has the kind of thin, roll-up kind (hard to describe, but often used in restaurants for blocking out sun glare - we can see through them when down, or roll them up for a clear view.)

One must open the blinds, whatever you have, in order to open the sliding doors. Don't see what the concern is over replacing them (or a section) if they break or why breakage would be more likely w sliders than any other kind of window w blinds on it.

Our painter broke the vertical blinds in the MBR (grabbed onto the cord to catch his balance). I just called the shop that had installed them (and I purchased them from). They did send them back to the factory to be re-strung, then came back and re-installed them. My painter paid the cost, which was about $250.

L

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here