Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Replacement windows in Dallas-Ft.Worth, Texas

Posted by 86GTI (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 14, 13 at 13:44

Hello all....
First off let me start by saying a big "THANK YOU" to all the regular contributors for a very informative forum. I managed to gather a lot of very good information from your past answers to queries posted here.

Well, it seems that time has come to change my Aluminium contractor-special windows in my 1996-built home, since the balance mechanism in the ones that we open daily (5 of them) had broken, and they will not stay open anymore.
After a lot of reading I had decided to go with either OKNA 800 or Soft-Lite Elements or Imperial LS depening on how high/low the quotes would be. However, to my disapointment, after calling OKNA and SL trying to locate a dealer, I found out that neither do business in TX :-(
If anyone out there is familiar with the Texas market, what suggestions do you have? What other brands and equivalent models to the above, should I look into?
In total, I currently have :13 SH, 2 sliders, 5 (rather small) rectangular and 2 semicircle fixed windows.
Thanks, GTI.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Replacement windows in Dallas-Ft.Worth, Texas

Paging Randy...
Randy at Ultra is a contributor here and would be the guy to talk to in TX. Not sure if he serves your area, but I'm certain that he could provide some great insight even if he does not :)

o

+1

Where is Randy...?

Soft-Lite pulled out of Texas just recently.

Okna may be moving into that area but that remains to be seen just yet.

o

Right now, the only premium grade of vinyl window that's available in Texas is Sunrise. After that you have mid-grade options like Don Young, Burris, Simonton, NT. Don Young offers a TDI (Texas Department of Insurance) package vinyl window with a lot of aluminum reinforcement, that is worth of consideration.

As WoW said, Okna may be here soon, but it's probably still three or four months away unfortunately.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here