Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
karinmarie_gw

help!! is there anyway to get hurd replacement windows??

karinmarie
13 years ago

So ...is anyone getting anything done as far as warranty on their HURD windows? When we had our home built in 2000 we spent an additional $40,000 to upgrade our windows to HURD to be highly energy efficient but figured it would be worth it and was really counting on the HURD name and warranty. Had Andersons in our last house and they were great but my husband insisted on the energy efficiency that HURD was offering with the Heat Mirror windows.

We have five windows that have clouded so after reading the posts here about them going out of business I am really depressed!! This is just ONE issue with our house and we have been so sidetracked with more serious structural issues that the window problems were put on hold and now if I can't get them replaced that is really disgusting!

We have the HURD Heat Mirror windows, divided lights (snap on exterior and interior) with crank-out windows and two sets of patio doors. The exterior is clad in taupe-colored metal but the interior is wood...all interior painted white except the den which is stained.

What I find really weird is that the interior edges of the windows (the part you don't see when the window is cranked shut) are just raw wood so that if you leave your windows open and it starts raining the raw wood is exposed. Probably should have been painted but we had an idiot builder so who knows?

Comment (1)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio