Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
barrydennis

Okna windows

BarryDennis
10 years ago

Any help from your expertise is appreciated.

I need to replace 5 gliding or sliding windows in a 3 season porch that may in the future be made year round. Looking for a quality window and got prices on 5 48 x 72 inch gliders, made by Okna in the 500 series no grids,
low e or argon gas, installed and trimmed for $7615.

THis is my first quote on the OKNA 500. Is this a reasonable price or is it high. Initial reaction was that it was high but maybe someone can guide me. What would a reasonable price be? Any other thoughts for a decent quality glider for a three season porch and what it should cost roughly.I am in Massachusetts

Thanks

Comments (6)

• HomeSealed
    10 years ago

My initial reaction would be that it is high as well, but could you provide some pics and additional detail on the install? Converted 4 season rooms frequently have only storms installed and/or unconventional framing and other issues that can create quite a bit of extra work to get things right.

• BarryDennis
    Original Author
    10 years ago

my daughter is not around to help upload the pics.

These are very narrow aluminuim sliders in their now, they may be storms but not sure, maybe 2 1/4 inch width frame with a sill and side framing of about 3 inches butting up to the windows. Very basic trim on the inside room and no trim on the outside. The siding on the outside buts up to the windows themselves. Any rough guess as to how the $7615 works out to cost of windows vs materials/labor/profit? OF course everyone needs to make money, but not having any ide of the cost of the windows makes it hard to evaluate. Willtry to send poictures later.

• HomeSealed
    10 years ago

Are they needing to redo any framing or anything like that? Are the aluminum window frames coming out, or doing a "frame jump" where they stay in. If you can post the scope of work verbatim that would be helpful, although again, this does sound like somewhat of a "custom" job so pricing will vary. A standard double replacement range will be very different from something like this.
    I absolutely love the Okna product so you can't go wrong there. If the pricing is outside of your budget, you could always get another quote or two to compare.

• PRO
    Windows on Washington Ltd
    10 years ago

Probably need a bit more information on the install type to be able to effectively be able to discuss the project scope and variables.

Those are some pretty large units and if the workscope is invasive, the price can jump up pretty quickly.

• EntryPointExteriors
    10 years ago

It would not hurt to compare with the Soft-Lite window line. The ratings are similar except that soft lite is AAMA gold label certified.

• millworkman
    10 years ago

never mind....

This post was edited by millworkman on Sat, Jun 8, 13 at 10:39