Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Vytex v. Sunrise v. Okna

Posted by Actaeon (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 11, 14 at 11:40

I have had three estimates over the last several weeks. Each company seems to be pushing their own preferred window, to the point where if I ask for estimates using another make\model they aggressively defend their brand.

The models we have been offered are the following.

Sunrise: $450 per
Okna 500: $670 per
Vytex Prodigy(Fortis?): $650 per

I understand that the Okna out performs the Sunrise but is it enough to justify the leap in cost. Also, the Vytex... I'm not seeing much about them online aside from a weird warranty.

These three installers are very highly recommended on Yelp and Angie's list. I have no issues trusting the installation to any of them. It comes down to specific windows. Which would you recommend and, at this price point, is there another make\model I should be asking about?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Vytex v. Sunrise v. Okna

I like the Sunrise product, but $450 per window disqulifies that choice for me. Is this a reputable company with a showroom, employees, etc? If so, the cost + overhead exceeds that price and is not a sustainable business model. If not, I would not trust a company that is not established with a physical location, etc with such a large investment.
On the remaining choices, I also have concerns with the Vytex warranty. Okna looks like the obvious choice. Price is solid too.

o

Agree, 450 for sunrise, how in the world is he making money. The okna is the obvious choice.

o

Thank you for the feedback. The company with the Sunrise estimate does seem too good to be true but they're highly reviewed on Angie's List and Yelp and they have been around for decades.

If the installations were equal in their quality would you still go with the Okna 500s over the Sunrise even if they were $200 more per window?

This post was edited by Actaeon on Thu, Jun 12, 14 at 16:05

o

As a person that is in the business, I don't know how $450 for a well installed Sunrise window is sustainable.

Is that job profitable when you pull out of the driveway...most likely as I am sure they aren't doing it for the fun of it.

My problem, is how do you expect to possibly service that window after the fact?

There were two companies of notable size in my area that recently closed their doors for reasons unknown to me, but both used to come in around that price point.

That all being said, we have gotten numerous service call requests to come out and fix their installs in that same time frame.

This post was edited by windowsonwashington on Thu, Jun 12, 14 at 19:17

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here