Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
katgal_ohio

Soft-Lite Window question

katgal
10 years ago

We are in the process of replacing 17 windows in our Cleveland-area home. We had reps from Pella, Andersen, and Window Nation provide estimates. Now, based on what I've read in these forums, we are (strongly) leaning towards Window Nation since they sell Soft-Lite windows.

We were quoted $12,800 from Pella, $12,100 from Andersen and $12,000 for the Imperial from Soft-lite. HOWEVER, Window Nation also quoted around $9,700 for a Soft-Lite window called Envision. We like the look of the Envision even better than the Imperial, but are wondering if anyone can tell us about this window. We suspect it is a series manufactured by Soft-Lite specifically for Window Nation but that is just a guess.

Can anyone provide any insight? Thanks for your time!

Comments (10)

• HomeSealed
    10 years ago

I don't know much about Window Nation nor have I heard the "Envision" moniker before, however I suspect that it is simply one of their lower level lines relabeled. Either way, the Imperial LS is the best performer that you've seen so far and that price is not outside of the normal range. I'd look past a small difference in appearance and look at the performance ratings (u-value, air infiltration, DP,etc) and product features. The LS is a top tier window.

• tmal14
    10 years ago

If its any help I'm in the Cleveland area too and I was also quoted around the same price/window for 23 windows from Window Nation for the imperial LS this week.

However, I'm suspect of the quote since the price per unit for me is coming in at $630/per window (all white vinyl with 8 units cherry wood interiors), and only $717/window (all beige laminate exterior laminate for 23 windows with 8 interior cherry). The price, especially for the laminate exterior, seems almost too good to be true. I still need to clarify with the rep everything that's included. I'm thinking he might be including the First Energy rebates (-$50/window) into the total cost.

• mmarse1
    10 years ago

The Imperial is a better window than the envision, go with the imperial. envision is an entry level offering.

• katgal
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks to everyone for your advice. We did end up going with the Imperial windows, and were able to negotiate a better price than was previously quoted.

Thanks again - I'm so glad I found this forum!

• PRO
    Windows on Washington Ltd
    10 years ago

Great.

Post up some before and after pictures when you can.

• katgal
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Just wanted to follow up now that the windows are installed. I cannot say enough good things about the Imperial windows and Window Nation. LOVE these windows - the look as well as the functionality. The biggest surprise came when I put my daughter to bed the first night they were installed and realized how quiet it was. I hadn't realized how much road noise we heard until we didn't hear it anymore!

We would recommend these windows and the company from which we purchased them without any hesitation.

• mmarse1
    10 years ago

Its sealed to the glass, shouldnt be an issue.

• HomeSealed_WI
    10 years ago

Can you post a pic? More than likely it is just the nature of the spacer more than quality control. It is not metal so it is less conductive = better thermal performance, but it will not have the same clean, rigid look that a metal spacer would.

• PRO
    Windows on Washington Ltd
    10 years ago

+1

The non-metallic spacers are continuous and will have rounded corners.

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County