Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Provia French Doors Quotes

Posted by goddi (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 17, 09 at 10:03

I have talked to 3 door installers for installing Provia French doors (steel, exterior grids, 2-tone, basic hardware).

I am surprised by the range in the quotes.
Contractor #1 - $5,665.
Contractor #2 - $5,454.
Contractor #3 - $4,000.

All three are well established companies in my area. All quotes are for the exact same models. I want to go with the $4,000 quote but I just wonder how can they be so much less than the other 2.

Any thoughts... Thanks...Gary

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Provia French Doors Quotes

You need to look at what each installers install includes, how the opening is prepped, vycor weather barrier wrapped opening, metal pan under the door, carting away the previous door and construction debris,etc.

o

Yep...all are doing the same installation procedures. I just can't see what could make up the $1,400+ difference, but I like it. All are replacing the wood frame and capping the outside wood frame. Just curious how there could be such a difference.
Gary

o

Wow, I just found the same thing, $1400 difference from companies that have been working in the area 15-20 years selling Provia. Two are some kind of platinum or something dealers that work direct with provia, and one, that has been in business the longest, is owned by a Korean gentleman that goes through a distributor. He is $1400 less than the other two...I just cannot understand it...they all claim the same 460 custom french doors (we have strange opening, 59.5 inches) steel or fiberglass (for an upcharge).

Anyway, I cannot understand the difference, for steel, $4400 to $6000.

I do not have Angie's list, but all claim to be highly rated on Angie's list.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here