Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Alside Windows

Posted by Iza26 (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 3, 11 at 1:35

I am located in the Bay Area in California and had the Alside 70 series installed a few years ago. Before I decide on my purchase I was educated about the Alside windows by my sales person. I also saw several different samples of the 3 series they offer on the West Coast. Those are the Alside 70, 80 and Excalibur series. All of the above mentioned windows have no snap- in sill on them, and are one solid frame. In the past I had seen other comments on the forum stating a defect with the snap- in sill windows produced by Alside. I went with the 70 series, since it was the less expensive and had less vinyl frame and more glass out of the 3, but yet still had a very durable construction. I wanted to clear up any misconceptions, since those defect windows were and are not sold on the West Coast. I am very happy with my choice and the windows look great, make a big difference in my heating bills and have a lifetime warranty!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Alside Windows

What is the air infiltration rating on those windows? I'll bet your Alside window salesman didn't discuss that with you. Oh, I know, you don't "feel" any air coming in so therefore they aren't leaking a lot of air. And they are better than what you had.

o

Skydawggy, so.. what is your point?

o

I was referring to the generally high air infiltration rate Alside windows have compared to some of the better windows on the market. However, I will retract what I said about this particular Alside model as it is a single hung and has a pretty low A.I. rating as do most single hung windows.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here