Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
blaster1492

Casement Operator?

blaster1492
9 years ago

Hi all, hoping you can help me out. I have attached pictures which are probably worth more than my words since I don't know much about windows! I have a window over my kitchen sink with two crank handles (casement window?), and while cranking the right handle, the plastic cover cracked. I thought that just meant I needed a new cover. But when I reattached the actual crank handle directly into the gear without the cover on, I could crank it so it opened the window but but I reversed it to close the window it would just unthread form the gear instead of closing the window. I have attached pics of the crank handle, the broken cover, and window itself and the casement operator. So here are my questions:

1. Does this mean that the casement operator is stripped, or that something otherwise broken?

2. Which piece / pieces do I need to replace?

3. I tried looking for replacement casement operators, but most of those I found are different than mine. I have found those with a rigid 9" arm, or with a rigid arm plus a small arm which attaches to the operator as well. However, mine has an arm plus a small arm which attaches to the base of the window frame not the casement operator (see picture).

Thanks, I REALLY appreciate your help!

Alex

Comments (4)