Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
anderson 400 series to paint or not to paint

Posted by dn413 (My Page) on
Thu, May 24, 12 at 22:24

We are in the process of a complete home reno and have finally decided on the Anderson 400 series double hung windows. However, now we can not decide if we should go natural wood and stain them or have them pre-painted white. Will the wood look go with white modeling? or do i have to stay with wood throughout the house. FYI the house is down to studs so we can really go with what ever we want at this point. Thanks for the help

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: anderson 400 series to paint or not to paint

This is just my opinion, but I cringe when people purchase wood windows just to paint them white. If you are going with white, consider a material that won't rot whether it be vinyl, fiberglass, or composite. I also prefer the interior window color to match the mouldings, but that is just me.

o
RE: anderson 400 series to paint or not to paint

+1

If you are going with white, I would recommend another option as well.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here