Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Custom Milgard windows

Posted by bill341 (My Page) on
Wed, May 20, 09 at 22:11

I wanted to get some advice.

I am trying to find a vendor/contractor to get some Milgard (Tuscany series) windows for my house. However we are on a busy road so I wanted to get upgraded glass panes for better sound deadening. I have asked 3 different companies to quote me windows with different thickness of glass panes, such as 3/16ths and 1/8th. However all three tried to sell me something else like fiberglass or triple pane, and never gave me a quote on what I wanted. I had to literally kick one guy out of my house because he was trying to get me to sign a contract, and would not listen to what I was asking him. It seemed like I knew more about the windows then he did.

I confirmed with Milgard that what I am asking is possible. So why are all the contractors steering me away from what I asked for? Is it that difficult to do, or are the people I am working with just lazy? Anyone else know of windows that are easier to get custom made with upgraded glass?

Thanks for any help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Custom Milgard windows

Bill-

there is no charge to "upgrade" to 1/8" on the milgard tuscany. If the window is 5ft or over it's standard- if it's not standard- then tell your salesman that is what you want- and do not let them try to charge you.

o
RE: Custom Milgard windows

The upgrade to 1/8" thickness is more expensvie to Milgard dealer. It isn't that much. Dealers want to make sales so they just say its no charge even though there is. Some Milgard dealers don't even know single strength glass is standard on their window lines.

Why dealers are steering you away from it is that the 3/16 upgrade is expensive.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here