Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Privacy in the bathroom?

Posted by mamalinda (My Page) on
Tue, May 24, 11 at 21:46

So, when we were looking to get the old windows in our house replaced with double pane windows, my father offered to get us windows from an old friend who owns a window and door company. They were half the price of anything else we had seen, so we said yes.

But in ordering them, my father forgot to ask for opaque glass in the new bathroom window. And now he doesn't want to take it back to be redone because he doesn't want to bother his friend who made the windows on his own time...

So now what do we do? It's a big bathroom window and looks right into our neighbors' yard.

I was thinking of the Gila privacy film, but then I read that it can cause spontaneous breakage on double pane windows...

Does anyone have any ideas that would still allow us to have light in the bathroom?

Thanks!

Linda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Privacy in the bathroom?

You could install a skylight.

o

Call a local window tinting company that does a lot of House Tinting.

They have obscure tint that will work on double paned windows. We have done it a lot to new construction and for others who have forgotten to do that same thing.

Or you could order new sashes if its a Double Hung window.

o

Have you considered shades for the bathroom? Bali Blinds offers "dual shades" where you can combine solar and/or roller shades for both light control and privacy. This would give the privacy you need without making the room so dark that it's like a crypt. Top it with a pretty valence. Bali has a great website with a free mobile app for selecting swatches, a "My Decorator" tool that lets your select your wall color, floor color, furniture color, etc. with the swatch that you are considering.

If you are of my "vintage" you remember the roller shades in the public schools. These are a whole different animal. Don't be afraid of the roller shades. Check them out at www.baliblinds.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here