Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mixing windows

Posted by mel71 (My Page) on
Tue, May 15, 12 at 21:10

My home has the original 1930's wood windows. In the living room and the dining room, the wood is stained and looks beautiful. In the bedrooms, the wood is painted white. I would like to replace the windows and feel double hung vinyl windows are the most cost effective for the bedrooms, but I would like to keep a stained wood interior in the living and dining rooms. I was thinking of doing Anderson in those rooms with a white vinyl exterior to match the vinyl bedroom windows on the exterior elevation, but I don't like the white rubber seals that appear against the wood in Anderson double hung windows. Does anyone have any suggestions of other window lines that may achieve my goal?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mixing windows

Look at Marvin Infinity with the Everwood interior. Fiberglass framed. Can be stained any color, or it also comes in white, is also paintable, and there are exterior color options. One of the best alternatives on the market, in my opinion.
I recommend avoiding 'fibrex' products like Renewal as high end vinyl would be much better than that, if you like vinyl.
My 2cents.

o

Plus one on the Dog's statements

o

Marvin Infinity with Everwood, Starmark composite with stainable interior, or Inline fiberglass with wood interior.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here