Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aprilmack

Sunrise Vanguard Windows

aprilmack
10 years ago

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for opinions about the pricing for windows that I'd like to purchase.

I have 12 windows and 1 door wall. I received a quote for Vanguard Windows at a price of $10,100 which includes installation. All of the windows have Georgian grids and VG12 glass (with the exception of the doorwall.) Three of the windows are Oriel style.

Is this a fair, competitive price?

Comments (6)

• PRO
    Windows on Washington Ltd
    10 years ago

What type of windows are existing? What type of removal is required? Any specific capping or other features that are getting completed?

What size Door and options?

Either way, the price seems in the acceptable range if you assume the door is about $2,000 of the total project value.

• aprilmack
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Windowsonwashington,

Thank you for the response. We currently have wood frame windows (they are the original windows from 1966.) I'm not sure that I understand your remaining questions which means I probably have more research to do.

The home is a two story colonial. The doorwall was quoted at $2300 and is eight feet wide. The glass on the doorwall is VG+.

• PRO
    10 years ago

Was the home tested for Lead paint?

The options I was referring to were capping, grids, any wood rot, etc.

• HomeSealed
    10 years ago

Definitely within the range of reason regardless of the specifics. The details will just move the needle to whether it is a solid price or a very good one... Judging by the 8' door price, it sounds VERY competitive. Very good product as well.

• aprilmack
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi windowsonwashington,

We had the house tested for lead paint when we did other projects. There is no lead paint.

I looked up capping and I did not specifically ask that question to the window company. We currently have capping and I made the assumption that it would be replaced. I'll ask.

As far as I know there is no wood rot. The paint on the existing windows looks pretty bad but I'm not sure if that would indicate wood rot.

We have Georgian grids spec'd on all the windows and the doorwall. I've been taking a look around the neighborhood and noticed that most people only have the grids on the front of the house. The grids are about $1200 of the job and I'm not sure of what we should actually do at this point.

Thank you for helping me to look further.

• PRO
    10 years ago

You bet.

Keep us posted.

I am not a fan of grids on the rear of the home personally but that is for you to decide.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!