Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sound Reduction -Milgard Tuscany vs Quiet Line

Posted by belkat (My Page) on
Sun, May 13, 12 at 20:08

My house is very close to an 8 lane freeway. The house was built in 1991 and has builder's grade dual pane windows. I've gotten a quote for two possible solutions, both using Milgard windows.

The first is for the least expensive level of Quiet Line 7320 windows. It does NOT included laminated glass and has an STC rating of 40-41 for the individual windows.

The second is for Tuscany 8820T windows - triple glazed, differentiated glass, double argon. No STC is available. The rep says it won't block as much sound as the quiet line but will still be a significant improvement over what is there now. The Quiet Line is 50% more expensive than this option.

What do you think? Will the Tuscany option work?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sound Reduction -Milgard Tuscany vs Quiet Line

And if there are other options I should be looking at, please let me know! and in case if makes a difference - I am in North Texas (Dallas/Fort Worth) Thank you!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here