Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fiberglass windows

Posted by DomiNation (My Page) on
Tue, May 14, 13 at 19:51

I posted earlier about how we are having all of our windows redone with complete installs (down to the studs). At the time of that posting, I was considering Vinyl and Fibrex. From the education I've been receiving, I'm now intrigued by fiberglass. Sounds like lots of people recommend Marvin windows that are fiberglass. Why is this a better choice than vinyl and do fiberglass windows have as many options to make the interior match a wood grain?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fiberglass windows

Marvin Integrity is available in a Ultrex (pultruded fiberglass) exterior and a real wood interior and is a solid choice for a window.

o

The Integrity with wood interior is a good choice. IMO, fiberglass is not necessarily a better choice than vinyl, just offers different pros and cons. If you want a real wood interior or paintable product it is good. The higher end vinyl will generally best it in performance and warranty, but there are some products out there such as lnline that offer excellent numbers.

o

I'd agree. There are some nice fg windows out there, but you are typically gonna pay a premium simply because it is "not vinyl", so I really recommend it only when you need one of those unique options that you can't get from vinyl unless you get a fabulous deal.

o

Thanks for the feedback.

o

DomiNation,

If you are in Wisconsin, you won't find a better contractor to deal with (in my opinion) than HomeSealed. He has all of the options listed above at his disposal and you can choose what is the right option for your home and aesthetic preferences.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here