Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Window Stains

Posted by deanlow (My Page) on
Tue, May 14, 13 at 19:43

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone on this board knew what this was on my rear windows. One of my neighbors said it might be a bad tint on my windows. Any suggestions on how to remove these stains would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Window Stains

looks like a failed seal or improperly assembled IGU. That wont clean off.

o

+1

Bad low-e or failed seal.

This cannot be cleaned and will require replacement.

o

Unfortunately, that kind of stain will be impossible to clean off. You’ll have to replace it. You can protect the glass on your windows by frosting them. If you don’t want to go all the way with window frosting, you can have them partially frosted. You won’t need to use blinds anymore.

o

Its a seal failure, you need a new window. What brand of windows are they?

o

patrick, how is frosting the windows providing protection?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here