Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Marvin Integrity

Posted by lakeyjim (My Page) on
Sun, May 8, 11 at 19:01

A double hung tilt latch is held in the groove by the latch. With an integrity, tilting the sash in (for cleaning, etc), then if I hold the latch in and push the sash, it would keep going through the screen if I pushed hard enough.

This occurs on the top sash, or if the top sash was removed, the same would happen on the bottom sash. It seems the only thing that holds the sash in place is the latch.

Other tilt latch window close against a stop like a door. Is this a design issue on the Integrity?

Also, the latches seemed flimsy. Any comments on this?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Marvin Integrity

Not a design issue. When it is pushed against the upper sash, it is pushing against the shoes of the sash which hold it to the balance assembly. They are plenty strong and the window is performance grade tested to withstand these pressures based on its design.

I don't have an Integrity in front of me but it may not rely on an exterior stop to make its seal but utilizes a bulb gasket if I am not mistaken.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here