Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sierra Pacific Windows & Doors

Posted by codmb (My Page) on
Tue, May 24, 11 at 18:03

There haven't been any recent postings about Sierra Pacific windows and doors and was wondering if anyone has them. I'd love to get some feedback on these windows/doors. We're building a house and our GC is recommending them over Pella(the other brand we're considering). He (our GC) says he's had a lot of problems with Pella. Any feedback would be appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sierra Pacific Windows & Doors

I built a house with their casement and double hung windows about 6 years ago. The homeowner had problems with them and a number of sashes had to be replaced. I was told by the millwork company that they were purchased from that Sierra Pacific finally refused to do any more warranty service and the supplier had to sue them to cover their expense in fixing Sierra's problem. Caution is advised. Go with a strongly ethical compant such as Marvin. Great service, product and warranty.

o
RE: Sierra Pacific Windows & Doors

Stay as far away from this company as you can. I was told by the salesperson that these windows are "just like Marvins". They couldn't be further from the truth. They came requiring so much work that they end up being more expensive than Marvins and look so much cheaper. Two of the windows had cracks in the frames, the wood was gouged in many places, the adhesive under the pane separators leaked through and when I asked someone to come out and replace the cracked ones, I was treated rudely, condescended to and treated like I was just some stupid homeowner. The sales person promised me anything I wanted to hear and then when he didn't come through, everyone in the company made excuses as to why that was acceptable. This is my third major remodel, I've used Marvin and Anderson before without any issues. My architect talked me into these and I deeply regret it. I am replacing every one of them with Marvins.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here