Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
SunBlinds - Sunrise blinds in window option

Posted by logastellus (My Page) on
Thu, May 2, 13 at 17:24

Hi.

Wondering if anybody has installed blinds in the windows with Sunrise and what your experience has been?

Also cost - how much does that option add to the cost of a window, on average?

We're doing tall casements.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: SunBlinds - Sunrise blinds in window option

I'm researching this but have not bought them. Cost wise (for my project) the blinds ran an additional 18% higher than without.

I'd get your own cost, however, (with and without blinds) I am attempting to do some really tall door panels. I have learned that the "wand" option is only available up to a certain "weight".

For taller heights (maybe in your case too) the external vertical "cord pull" is all that is available. Check the cost and check the pull type -- here is a link to the door page and what the cord pull looks like.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sunrise Windows & Door -- Cord Pull Picture

o

Not sure on the specifics of Sunrise's offerings, but the blinds in the glass have been a fairly problem-free option across manufacturers. That said, they are pricey, and I would avoid the pull cord type. Takes forever to run them up and down, and skips at times as well.

o

Yes, we're going to have windows that'll be 44x84 (the biggest).

HomeSealed - ok, thanks for the tip, will avoid the pull cord type.

o

With windows that large (especially if they operate) make certain they are reinforced and most definitely a higher quality brand if you go with vinyl.

o

Hi everyone..
I am also looking for this type of blinds for my home windows. But still, I have not purchased sun blinds. Suggest me anyone about online companies that offers high quality sun blinds at reasonable cost.
Thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here