Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
anderson 400, eagle axiom or jeldwin casements?

Posted by miffy13 (My Page) on
Sat, May 19, 12 at 17:23

We are building a house and have quotes for anderson 400, eagle axiom and jeldwin builder series (all casements) They are all in the same ballpark price wise. Can anyone help me decide between these three or give me a suggestion of better window in this price point?
Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: anderson 400, eagle axiom or jeldwin casements?

If those were my only options in my opinion it would be the 400 series. I am not a huge Andersen fan but their casements are not terrible. I would look into Integrity by Marvin they may not be much more expensive and would dam sure be a better window.

o

I was told marvin integrity were 40% more

o

Find another dealer as I don't think that can be true.

o

+1

The numbers should be close if not better for the Integrity.

o

So integrity should be in the same price range and is the best choice of everything out there in this price?
What about weathershield?

o

In my opinion Weathershield is junk

o

I would take Eagle first. Their new design is much improved from the previous window. Colors options are much greater then on the 400s, and you get extruded aluminum vs vinyl wood clad. Integrity wood ultrex should be the same price or close to the 400s. I recieved 3 different Integrity quotes on my home package, and they were within a few hundred of the 400s (400s were lower). However I will most likely go with either the Eagles or Kolbe due to color options and glass packages.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here