Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What do do with seamless bay windows

Posted by smasonnc (My Page) on
Thu, May 19, 11 at 15:45

I have two of these windows including one in my bedroom and I don't know how to put window treatments on them. I don't even know what to call them to do a search. It looks like I need custom curtain rods but I don't know where to get them. Does anybody have any experience with windows like these?

Here is a link that might be useful: Breakfast Room Window

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What do do with seamless bay windows

Your issue is that you have no break in the glass so all your blinds will have gaps in them because of the angles.

Drapes will probably your best "close all gaps" but still be able to open up the entire area.

If you used shutters, you wouldn't get to open it all up and I assume you do.

What you can do is get a good curtain rod (not something out of Walmart) and have it bent to angle of the window. We had to do something similar on a commercial job.

Measure the width of th window along the flat edges. then add enough to house your curtains on the side. Add an inch the lenght for each angle (if you have 2 angles, add 2") to accomodate most lost in the bends.

Use a curtain braket on the two ends and then 1 in the middle. Then your can use rings to close the curtains to the middle and cover the entire window.

You are more than welcome to contact me if you need to.

o
RE: What do do with seamless bay windows

Thanks very much. I didn't know you could bend a curtain rod without ruining it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here