Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vital_gw

never deal with american vision windows

vital
15 years ago

DO NOT EVER DEAL WITH AMERICAN VISION WINDOWS. THIS IS VERY UNPROFESSIONAL COMPANY. THEY DO NOT KEEP THEIR PROMICES, THE PRICES ARE HIGH, TIMEFRAME IS UNBELIEVABLE LONG. NOTHING FOLLOWS THE CONTRACT!

We ordered windows 4 weeks ago for the whole house. We paid with credit card up front to make rush order even faster. Sales guy Brad promised 2-3 weeks and our windows will be installed. At the end of 3rd week we got a phone call that all windows are ready except 3 bay windows, because Anlin don't do bay windows based on our size. OK. We agreed for garden windows instead and for the inconvenience those 3 garden windows could be done in 3 working days and we could have our windows installed at the end of 4th week.

Fine.

At the end of 4th week we called American Vision. The answer was... "We cannot send a crew to install windows because there is nothing to install, not even one window.. We will contact you in another 2 weeks..."

YOU CANNOT BELIEVE HOW SHOCKED WE ARE. SALESPERSON BRAD AND OWNERS OF THE COMPANY DO NOT PICKUP THE PHONE ANYMORE!!!

This story is to keep other honest people OUT from American Vision Windows Unprofessional and Dishonest scammers.

Comments (16)

• skydawggy
    15 years ago

Have you tried visiting their office in person to try and find out what's going on?

Have you tried contacting Anlin to see if they can provide any information?

I would think calming down a little and talking to people to find out what's going on would be more productive than a hostile internet rant.

I'm curious what size Bay window you wanted?

• bryandwp
    15 years ago

Sorry you having trouble with American Vision Windows. They usually are pretty good. If your still having problems contact the Better Business Bureau and California's Contractors Board.

How big are your bay windows?
    Min/Max sizes for bays windows:
    Simonton min size 48" x 25" max size is 144" x 85"
    I dont sell Anlin so I dont know the min & max size.

• jjaazzy
    15 years ago

You paid with credit card - get your money back!

• kenmanfred_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

Get another Bid !!!! Watch out for salesmen Brad. He told me that he was throwing in a slider for free because I had two properties turned out he was charging me $1600 for that free slider. For the replacement windows on one house the price was $8700 with the so called free slider . also he was giving me the special 4 of July free install . the exact same house one block away same size & amount of windows no slider $7100.00 I got A price from another company Same anlin windows $4810.00 . The price difference of $2290.00 I thought was a lot. The company did the other job for $4810 and did a great job on the install. Unfortunately I had signed the two contracts and gave Brad the Deposit. When another guy came out and measured he told me it was and additional $ 450 for the slider. I realized what had happened . So I canceled the slider and the other house . I then put the two deposits together and informed Brad that seeing that the two houses were the exact same, the price should be $7100.00 he had no choice at that point not to give me the windows at this price. Everyone else at American Vision have been great, The installers were awesome .

• jrp2447
    12 years ago

No company is perfect, I will let you all down before I get done with this posting. All I can say is that American Windows prides itself on providing customer service, a quality product and installation. Do they make mistakes, of course they do. Skydawggy, that is 16 reviews that have been posted. The company has installed over 400,000 windows. That breaks down company wide 25 installs a day 125 homes installed a week thats between 400 and 500 homes a month. Yelp has more the 16 reviews now,but yes there are a few bad ones. Let me ask you this, as a consumer would you most likely go to the internet to provide a negative or a positive review? So the best thing that American Vision can do is to have there thousands and thousands of happy customer write a review. There are a lot of happy customers that went with American Vision Windows. Again, mistakes are made, however, if your looking at perfection in construction you will never be happy and there are some customers no matter what you do, they will never be happy. So even 12 good reviews out of 16, If I was a baseball player, which im not, I would be batting 750 and on my way to the hall of fame.

• mmarse1
    11 years ago

this is a very odd post. no offense,

• raynerspain
    9 years ago

I would agree. DO NOT USE

Trash left all over the front and back yards. Cooler left behind on front lawn with contents strewn across lawn. Not the biggest hassle but strange considering the salesman made high claims about the cleanliness of the install teams; even going so far as to use a bizarre example of a technician who was suspended for two weeks for leaving a piece of trash at an install.
    Brackets from two separate blinds taken out of window frame and either tossed in trash or taken by technicians.
    Wireless alarm sensor removed and replaced with non functioning wire sensor as an attempt at covering up the missing wireless sensor.
    Black sealant leaking out all over patio door about a week after install which has ruptured the seal
    Zero customer service and follow up. Lifetime guarantee is useless if you can't get someone to even return your calls after leaving 6 messages over three weeks.
    Firm not interested in fixing the problem whatsoever

• mmarse1
    9 years ago

I dont get it, you mean to tell me you never knew of all the complaints regarding their service but you decided to roll the dice any way and then trash the company on line. It just seems strange to me.

• christopher_ramirez55
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

My experience was very frustrating, I was told the story of
    how this company was created by couple who had a bad experience with getting
    new windows. And everything they experienced with their "bad"
    instillation company they did the same thing to me. I had just had work done by Pacific Air a great company. We had all the
    work to our house financed through the California Hero Program and told the
    sales man UP FRONT we would have to finance everything and would need all work
    covered.....we had the funds available through the program to do this. It was
    bad from the beginning, the sales men took the measurements and then said an
    official measuring person would be coming out to get "correct"
    measurements. When that happened almost three weeks later we were told that
    additional work that had not been included with the finance cost would be need
    to be done and they wanted $500 dollars more to do the job "right". I
    said "no" and then they said OK we will just put the window in the
    best we can or get a different type of window for your kitchen. I told them I
    did not want that and if they could not add this to the refinance cost lets
    cancel the work and we will start again to include this. They didn't do that,
    instead we agreed to downgrade our backdoor to cover the cost of the work and whatever
    balance they had would be taken from their profit......I had a bad feeling but
    agreed. When the day arrived for the work to be done, one of the windows was
    ordered wrong, the installers damaged two of the new screens, the wall the window
    frames, the kitchen counter and since the window that was ordered wrong kept
    them from finishing the job the inspector would not sign off on the work
    resulting in two weeks with exposed door frames. I had planned to install my
    security back screen door that weekend to protect the new door but with the
    work not finished couldn't. My dogs being used to scratching on a metal
    security door, scratched and damaged the brand new door. In addition the sales
    man had agreed the installers would reinstall three sets of blinds in the
    living and dining room, when they did one fell down and the string inside the
    mechanism was tangled. When initial
    installation of the first windows and door was "completed" the
    foreman tried to collect $500+ cash.....again I refused went round and round
    with the company and the sales man just like before. OK I thought this has got
    to get better! It didn't, after two weeks of waiting, the Vision Window
    installers finally came back out, replaced the damaged screens, installed the
    last window and stucco to the door frame areas. But they did not replaced the
    doorbell, stuccoed over the kitchen paint, did not repair or touch up the back
    door which they had agreed to do and left other damaged areas as is. AND then
    foreman tried to collect $700 dollars AGAIN! I told them no went round and
    round with the sales man, Vision Window supervisors, took pictures of
    everything and sent them to the company was told it was a mistake and then got
    another call a week later from the company trying to collect more $$. Finally
    after two more visits and over a month into what was supposed to be a two day
    job they, for the most part, fixed what was damaged,(there was nothing I could
    do about the kitchen other than repaint the whole thing). I had decided against
    writing a review, until today, now three months later the company is coming
    back to collect $215 on a job that was supposed to be completely financed. The
    Sales Man Mr. Tim Hess promised at the outset that he would personally oversee
    the work from beginning to end but the only contact I ever had with him after
    that was by text or phone, we never saw him again. Take what you want form this
    post but after the great work done by Pacific Air, who changed our furnace, vents,
    added new vents, replaced our electrical panel, patio outlet, arranged for
    insulation all in 2 1/2 days my experience with American Vision window was a
    bad one and if I had not pushed back, could have been worse, I would never
    recommend them to a friends or family!

• jjaazzy
    8 years ago

oberon476 ... really that's is what you bring to the conversation?

• millworkman
    8 years ago

+1 on oberon, as I got a headache trying to read that as well.

Jean Bo, what would you like him to bring to the conversation? A virtual hug? What could anyone possibly say to make an internet stranger feel better about getting shafted? I feel bad for the poster but really his post was venting more than looking for help.

• christopher_ramirez55
    8 years ago

Yes I was venting, this company was clearly told at the beginning all cost would be financed. They have comeback and asked for $500, $550, $700 and now $215. The permit fees where to be included, the messed up ordered the wrong windows and I believe had to have the inspector come out twice. I see nothing but positive reviews for the company but I would never have them do work for me again. Pacific Air completed all my other work, their staff was awesome and even the "handy man" service the contracted with was outstanding. I have seen occasional negative reviews and it makes me wonder what the common denominator is for those who have a bad experience with this company American Vision Window.

• christopher_ramirez55
    8 years ago

@ mmarse1.........did you not read where I posted I had at first decided not to write any review? Not until after the 4th time they cam back trying to collect money. If I really wanted to trash them I would have gone into more detail about the damage and how the work was done, your should have seen my yard. I get not everyone was perfect but come on 1 and a 1/2 months to finish a 2 day job and 3 months later they are still calling and asking for $$ for something covered in the contract. Pacific Air would worked on my house prior had minor issues but they cleaned them up and once we signed the closing documents the only time I have heard from them has been when they've checked in to ensure everything was working right. No I don't think I trashed them I just tried to let people considering getting this type of work done to think twice when using this company!

• S L
    7 years ago

I truly believed in the AVW mission and the story of Bill & Kathleen's decision to form the company. However, I have been very disappointed in their warranty and efforts to deny responsibility for warranty coverage. The AVW warranty rep effectively placed the burden of proof on me to show that a crack that developed in my stucco post-installation was caused by AVW's installation rather than "seismic" activity, when there is no other crack in my stucco elsewhere in my house, and the only crack was at our large picture window that AVW spent about an hour hammering to remove and replace.

• PRO
    Windows on Washington Ltd
    7 years ago

Stucco cracking is a pretty normal phenomenon when talking about a window installation and most installer will have specific language and exclusions with regards to this. Many windows are coming out have leaked into the stucco for years and weakened it to a point where any manipulation of the window creates cracking. That is not the fault of the window installer in that case and cannot be avoided in a great many situations.