Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
never deal with american vision windows

Posted by vital (My Page) on
Thu, May 1, 08 at 15:21

DO NOT EVER DEAL WITH AMERICAN VISION WINDOWS. THIS IS VERY UNPROFESSIONAL COMPANY. THEY DO NOT KEEP THEIR PROMICES, THE PRICES ARE HIGH, TIMEFRAME IS UNBELIEVABLE LONG. NOTHING FOLLOWS THE CONTRACT!

We ordered windows 4 weeks ago for the whole house. We paid with credit card up front to make rush order even faster. Sales guy Brad promised 2-3 weeks and our windows will be installed. At the end of 3rd week we got a phone call that all windows are ready except 3 bay windows, because Anlin don't do bay windows based on our size. OK. We agreed for garden windows instead and for the inconvenience those 3 garden windows could be done in 3 working days and we could have our windows installed at the end of 4th week.

Fine.

At the end of 4th week we called American Vision. The answer was... "We cannot send a crew to install windows because there is nothing to install, not even one window.. We will contact you in another 2 weeks..."

YOU CANNOT BELIEVE HOW SHOCKED WE ARE. SALESPERSON BRAD AND OWNERS OF THE COMPANY DO NOT PICKUP THE PHONE ANYMORE!!!

This story is to keep other honest people OUT from American Vision Windows Unprofessional and Dishonest scammers.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: never deal with american vision windows

Have you tried visiting their office in person to try and find out what's going on?

Have you tried contacting Anlin to see if they can provide any information?

I would think calming down a little and talking to people to find out what's going on would be more productive than a hostile internet rant.

I'm curious what size Bay window you wanted?

o

Sorry you having trouble with American Vision Windows. They usually are pretty good. If your still having problems contact the Better Business Bureau and California's Contractors Board.

How big are your bay windows?
Min/Max sizes for bays windows:
Simonton min size 48" x 25" max size is 144" x 85"
I dont sell Anlin so I dont know the min & max size.

o

You paid with credit card - get your money back!

o

Get another Bid !!!! Watch out for salesmen Brad. He told me that he was throwing in a slider for free because I had two properties turned out he was charging me $1600 for that free slider. For the replacement windows on one house the price was $8700 with the so called free slider . also he was giving me the special 4 of July free install . the exact same house one block away same size & amount of windows no slider $7100.00 I got A price from another company Same anlin windows $4810.00 . The price difference of $2290.00 I thought was a lot. The company did the other job for $4810 and did a great job on the install. Unfortunately I had signed the two contracts and gave Brad the Deposit. When another guy came out and measured he told me it was and additional $ 450 for the slider. I realized what had happened . So I canceled the slider and the other house . I then put the two deposits together and informed Brad that seeing that the two houses were the exact same, the price should be $7100.00 he had no choice at that point not to give me the windows at this price. Everyone else at American Vision have been great, The installers were awesome .

o

No company is perfect, I will let you all down before I get done with this posting. All I can say is that American Windows prides itself on providing customer service, a quality product and installation. Do they make mistakes, of course they do. Skydawggy, that is 16 reviews that have been posted. The company has installed over 400,000 windows. That breaks down company wide 25 installs a day 125 homes installed a week thats between 400 and 500 homes a month. Yelp has more the 16 reviews now,but yes there are a few bad ones. Let me ask you this, as a consumer would you most likely go to the internet to provide a negative or a positive review? So the best thing that American Vision can do is to have there thousands and thousands of happy customer write a review. There are a lot of happy customers that went with American Vision Windows. Again, mistakes are made, however, if your looking at perfection in construction you will never be happy and there are some customers no matter what you do, they will never be happy. So even 12 good reviews out of 16, If I was a baseball player, which im not, I would be batting 750 and on my way to the hall of fame.

o

this is a very odd post. no offense,

o

I would agree. DO NOT USE

Trash left all over the front and back yards. Cooler left behind on front lawn with contents strewn across lawn. Not the biggest hassle but strange considering the salesman made high claims about the cleanliness of the install teams; even going so far as to use a bizarre example of a technician who was suspended for two weeks for leaving a piece of trash at an install.
Brackets from two separate blinds taken out of window frame and either tossed in trash or taken by technicians.
Wireless alarm sensor removed and replaced with non functioning wire sensor as an attempt at covering up the missing wireless sensor.
Black sealant leaking out all over patio door about a week after install which has ruptured the seal
Zero customer service and follow up. Lifetime guarantee is useless if you can't get someone to even return your calls after leaving 6 messages over three weeks.
Firm not interested in fixing the problem whatsoever

o

I dont get it, you mean to tell me you never knew of all the complaints regarding their service but you decided to roll the dice any way and then trash the company on line. It just seems strange to me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here