Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Want window like this!

Posted by adh673 (My Page) on
Fri, May 21, 10 at 15:17

Where can I get a window like this?
Photobucket

I want to make my single double hung window bigger as part of a remodel.

THanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Want window like this!

Custom Millwork shop.

Maybe Loewen.

o

Thanks, what if it was regular casements on either side? Are you Windows on washington as in the store? Do you do anything like this? I live in Northern VA.

o

Yes and that window would be available from a multitude of people as a 3-Lite casement.

That would expand your options considerably.

o

Just about any manufacturer will mull two casements to a dbl-hung. Ask your dealer.

o

Center window is a picture, not a DH.

o

would you like this?
lowes carries pella home depot andersen...

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.pella.com/windows/explore-window-styles/bay-bow.aspx

o

Why are you recommending a Bay/Bow Window? It won't fit into that opening.

o

Most all wood window manufacturers would build this type of unit. What your looking at here are Inswing Casements mulled to a casement style picture unit. The casement units do not have operators they just have the small turn latch that is exposed and a butt type of hinge typical of early wood window units. I would recommend going to a window professional for a product such as this and stay away from box stores or home centers as you will more likely than not get a unit different than what your looking for.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here