Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kolbe Front doors

Posted by lzerarc (My Page) on
Mon, May 7, 12 at 14:53

I received my window bid package from my Kolbe rep and I had him include the front door. Its an 8' full glass fiberglass door with their multi-point locking hardware.
The price sort of surprised me...it was lower then I thought it would be. Infact the lowest front door price I have so far (got numbers from Thermatru, Taylor, Pella).

Does anyone have any feedback on their doors? I also have a few french doors as well.
The window package to go with it would be the Ultra in casement and fixed designs, mixing double and triple pane windows, or possibly all triple pane.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kolbe Front doors

I have never sold any of their entry doors as the dealer I worked for at the time sold mainly very high end builders on Long Island and we sold mostly wood windows and doors. That said we used a company that made custom mahogany doors and never did any type of fiberglass or composite doors. That being said I had a friend of mine use their entry doors and I saw several on display at both the vendor I used and when I was at the Kolbe plant and I was impressed by the quality of them. The locking hardware is the same they use in the french doors and is very high quality and made by Hoppe. As a side note one of the selling features here on Long Island was the fact that their doors are a true height not undersized and at the time they offered a true New England style Solid Wood Sill for their doors.

o

thanks for the feedback. I assumed they would be quality since the windows are as well. If I go with this window package, I might get all the doors from them as well. I did feel like they were sort of limited on the decorative glass options however. But that may just be what is posted on the website.

o

Yeah I do not remember as far as that goes but I would check with them on that.

o

Thank you for the positive feedback on our window and door products! We have many options when it comes to our fiberglass doors. In terms of decorative glass, there are 12 different standard patterns and we also have the capability of utilizing custom glass. Please see the attached link to browse all fiberglass door options.

Here is a link that might be useful: fiberglass door options

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here