Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need skylight shade for high ceiling

Posted by rainbowbrite (My Page) on
Mon, May 1, 06 at 13:27

Does anyone know the best way to put a shade/blinds on a skylight located on a vaulted, slanted ceiling? It would obviously have to be remotely operated, which would require hardwiring it, right?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need skylight shade for high ceiling

How high is it? I'v had a retractable blind on a skylight that I operated with a telescoping hand crank.

o

I installed one a few yrs ago, and wouldn't repeat. All high end and very expensive. I think to cut a long story short, it was the heat build up that results. Blind sags, sticks and generally a PITA. We tend to close in over in summer, and open in the winter (often with manual assistance!). If you MUST go this route, I'd suggest a shade film in addition on the glass, as this might help protect the mechanism and material.

o

I am also looking for something like this. Anyone else have any suggestions??

I also have a vaulted ceiling with a skylight. I would like to cover it for sun reasons and fading of my furniture. I would like there to be some light but I am not sure what kind of shade to get to stop fading of furniture.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Ruth

o

You can try here.

Here is a link that might be useful: skylight shades

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here