Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
OKNA Quote

Posted by Murphy01 (My Page) on
Mon, May 7, 12 at 12:15

Hi:

Got a quote on a replacemnet window project including a bay window with double hungs in our dining room, picture window in our living room flanked by casements and a three lite casement window in our kitchen. Double hungs are the OKNA 800 and casements the 700.

Quote came in around $7,000. Does this sound reasonable? Don't have exact specs handy.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: OKNA Quote

Maybe, maybe not. We really need more detail (sizes, options, RRP procedures? etc) to be able to comment accurately. If everything is based on averages, it sounds reasonable to me. Generally a bay installed will be $3500 or so at a minimum (up to $5-$7k or even more on occasion), so if you figure in the additional units that should be fair.
What I will say definitively is that the Okna is an EXCELLENT choice.

o

thats actually an excellent price for the Okna, especially since a bay window is involved. very good pricing in my opinion and an excellent window.

o

+1

How many units in total and a quick description of them would help.

The 800 is one of the best windows made today so that is a great start. If the numbers look good, it could be a win-win.

o

Thanks for your responses.

Here's a little more info - these are my (very rough) measurements.

3 Lite casement in kitchen 18"w X 36"h each.
Bay with double hungs - opening roughly 75"w X 67"h
Picture window 84 X 53 flanked by two 24" casements.

Everything will be ripped out and all new trim provided inside and out, insulation, flashing, etc. Shingle roof for the bay window.

Opting for the contoured grids between the glass and brass hardware.

We are actually pleased with the estimate based on what we have already received - admittedly lower quality products then the Oknas.

Thanks again.

o

I'd would definitely say that is a good deal based on those options. :)

o

Again thats great pricing for the okna . Antique brass is resl sharp but be prepared to pay a little extra.

o

+1

Very fair pricing on a great window.

o

hmmm....I dont know. You could probably save some money and go with those amazing Excalibur II windows that are being spammed in that other thread. they claim they are the ultimate in beauty and efficiency!

o

Excalibur ..LOL . Maybe an outhouse..

o

na, not that either. I would not like the breeze through the leaking windows blowing on me when I am trying to do my business!

o

at least they would not hold the smell in, LOL!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here