Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
whallyden

Preliminary Bids (Eagle, 400, Ulimate, Integrity)

whallyden
11 years ago

To those with experience, do these bids look about right? I'm a bit surprised by the Eagle bid -- I assumed the Marvin Ultimate's would come in highest. The bid includes ~64 double-hung windows (many of which will be ganged together into 3 window units) with simulated divided lites & spacer.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Eagle: $44k

Andersen 400: $41k

Marvin Ultimate: $39K

Marvin Integrity: $29k

Comments (10)

• PRO
    Windows on Washington Ltd
    11 years ago

Integrity is a solid window.

If it gives you the look you are going for, I would say that you are in good shape with that window.

Heck of a window schedule.

• millworkman
    11 years ago

From my perspective I would vote for the Integrity if it gives you what you are looking for without having to settle, obviously after that the Ultimate's would be the no brainer here.

• HomeSealed
    11 years ago

I'd agree with the others. Ultimate is the best window there, but the Integrity is very solid and that is a good price.

• mel71
    11 years ago

I put Eagle windows in my home and when I was getting bids, Eagle was 10k less than Marvin and less than Anderson because I was doing casement windows. I was told that different lines have their specialty or preferred window style. For Anderson, double hung was less expensive. For Eagle, casements were less expensive because that was their specialty. This was right before Anderson bought Eagle. Even though Anderson now owns Eagle, I believe the lines are still manufactured separately.

• WindowDog
    11 years ago

Ultimates seem like the obvious choice here. I would get those over the Integrity. Worth the price difference.

• PRO
    11 years ago

WindowDog,

While I would concede that the price differential between the Ultimate and Integrity is less than you normally see, why do you think the Ultimate is the obvious choice?

If they both have SDLs and wood interiors, what is the benefit to the Ultimate?

Not trying to be combative, just inquiring.

• WindowDog
    11 years ago

I just think the Ultimate is a higher quality product, better engineered, more options in colors and woods, etc. With that little of a price difference, why not go top of the line. I have no better answer for you than that. I like the Integrity also, just not as much versatility.

• agentslim
    11 years ago

Your Bid looks great.

Here in central california,
    15 double hungs and 5 picture windows
    Marvin= 30k
    Marvin Integrity wood clad= 29k
    Integrity all Ultrex= 26k

Milgard all fiberglass is coming in at 15k
    Milgard vinyl 8k

Is this normal? Anyone with marvins in california pricing?

• millworkman
    11 years ago

Integrity Wood/Ultrex is either a little high or the Ultimates are a little low as there is usually a bit of a larger split between the two. Without knowing the specifications it is impossible to tell which.

• PRO
    11 years ago

+1

We usually see the price delta from Ultimate to Integrity of about 170% or thereabouts.