Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
drjb101

Anyone ever use Amerimax Windows?

drjb101
16 years ago

I live in the bay area and getting ready to do a home remodel and pricing out windows. I am trying to evaluate multiple window companies so that I don't get stuck with the known brands of Anderson and Milgrad if there is someone that offers similar products, price and quality. I want to make sure I evaluate a number of mfg and not just settle for the hot names.

We had a guy here in the SF Bay Area show us the Amerimax windows and it seems to have the same general charateristics as the more known brands but I thought I would check if anyone has heard of these windows.

Thanks

Comments (16)

• knmd
    15 years ago

I got Amerimax vinyl windows about 5 years ago installed in my house in Los Angeles and couldnt be happier. I didnt get the colored ones just the white color. The Amerimax windows are very energy efficient and makes the house less drafty. The Amerimax windows have made a real difference. I chose Amerimax windows because of the quality and workmanship. The salesman said Amerimax was the best vinyl window on the market. I knew nothing about windows before getting some estimates. I did my homework and liked the company that put them in. I recommend Amerimax vinyl windows to my friends and people at work.

• stuart51
    15 years ago

I got Amerimax vinyl windows installed in my home 3 months ago and couldn't be happier. Very nice windows that were worth every penny. Would recommend them to anyone wanting good quality vinyl windows. Shop around the price on Amerimax windows is different from each deal. I found out about these windows reading about different windows available. I saw this post and contacted Bryan. He was very helpful and answered all my questions. I am glad I found this forum it really helped me get educated on vinyl windows. Some of the salesman really are pushy.

• adrianm
    15 years ago

I bought Amerimax windows about 4 years ago. After the windows were installed my energy bills were over 30% cheaper. Only problem is that the company that I had put them in is now out of business. Called Amerimax and they still came out and fixed one of the windows that had broken. Amerimax stood behind their product. Would buy Amerimax again.

• kndee
    14 years ago

Amerimax is a high end vinyl window.

• PRO
    GreenLite Window and Doors
    7 years ago

I have been selling Amerimax Windows & Doors for 4-years now and all my Clients are happy as can be with the quality, efficiency, and look of the product. Warranty is lifetime and will transfer over to new homeowner if the house is sold without it being prorated from date of installation. Great Product at Outstanding Pricing!

• Zack Philipp
    4 years ago

I just ordered a fixed 12 pane front window and went with Amerimax. I had to have a tree removed in the front of my house and this summer has been brutal. The dimensional grid design, inside and out, makes the transition seamless.

• Windowmaster
    4 years ago

Amerimax seems like a decent window. If you are comfortable with the installer, i would give it a go.

• DEBRA HENSON
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Amerimax Windows are a good window but working with the Warranty Dept is a real problem. We purchased windows in 2006 & 2007. Recently, I had an issues with 1 window and it took approximately 1 year to get the repair fixed. I am now having a re-glazing issue and have been working on this since Aug 2020. It is Oct 1, 2020 and they closed my ticket. I submitted another ticket and I guess it will be another year before this gets repaired.

• Kimberly Purdy
    3 years ago

Loved my Amerimax windows, sound and heat/cold out!! I don't live in the house any longer but it was well worth the money. I had 2 sliders, one large side lite and 2 large windows in my patio home and I was extremely pleased...they will probably be there after the structure is long gone, ha ha. I soooo wish I had them in the current home.

• DEBRA HENSON
    3 years ago

Finally the window repair is done. Amerimax was recently purchased by Cascade

• Laurine Dion
    3 years ago

I purchased Amerimax windows 11 years ago and have had problems with 2 windows. The first is condensation in between the 2 layers of glass, causing the window to freeze in it's track, not being able to open it. I contacted the company which I purchased them from and the guy must think I'm an idiot. He told me that because the window was on the north side of my home, when it gets cold outside the window would do this. I,m telling all of you that if you have condensation inside the glass layers the window seal is bad, period! The only fix is to replace the window. To tell a customer that is absurd. Also, the same window as well as another window on the south portion of my home I now have both pull rails ( the part you grab to open or close window) is now separating. This piece should be a solid piece which looks that way until it starts to fail and then you realize it's a two piece construction glued together. They did a good job making it look like one piece. Now the company I purchased the windows through called Colorado Window Source states they no longer are affiliated with them. So I am trying to call Cascade which purchased Amerimax. Basically, I would advise anyone looking for new windows, myself included, not to purchase vinyl windows if you are staying in the home for many years. I know vinyl is less expensive, I would wait and save more until you can afford windows that are made of a composite material ( again, myself included). The amount of issues and complaints I read about dealing with these companies who tell they have a lifetime warranty is only good if the company is going to be there when you need them. I'm kicking myself in the butt because I generally know better. I would only suggest purchasing windows from a company who has been around for decades whether it be vinyl or composite. Wish I would of listened to my own advise ! Good Luck to all of you and do yourself of favor, Remember- DO YOUR HOME WORK !

• PRO
    Windows on Washington Ltd
    3 years ago

So...we are condemning the entirety of one material sect of the industry because you have a couple of poorly built or handled windows? Interesting approach, because if that is the case, we are going to have to eliminate wood...right off the top. As well as fiberglass, aluminum, and EVERY OTHER material.

On a per unit basis, we have had less issues with our premium vinyl brands than we have with ANY of the other materials. By order of magnitude.

• DEBRA HENSON
    3 years ago

All I have to say is be persistent, do not go away and eventually they will repair the window. My first window that needed a repair, they convinced my husband it was the install, My having installed windows in a previous era, new better. I waited til I had time to go the long haul. My sales guy no longer worked for them and the sales company was bought out and the new company was clueless on the topic. I called Amerimax direct and it still took a long while but finally they did send out a young man to repair the window and he did a fantastic job, I recommend you go to Cascade website and place a warranty repair. be patient. Cascade bought out Amerimax.

• James Van Dyk
    2 years ago

Horrible company. Poor quality. The company has been bought by Cascade and they no longer service the warranty.They break all the time and are super drafty. Avoid.

• mark maynard
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

I have amerimax arcadia and from the first day I got It had issues hard to open and close .My low E was bad on all three panes and it took almost a year to get that fixed .Nobody can find any reason why the door would be so hard to open and close . So now Im stuck with a arcadia that is to heavy to open .