Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help! Okna 500 or Sunrise Restoration

Posted by HWK.123456789 (My Page) on
Thu, May 1, 14 at 10:18

I'm a first-time homeowner who is getting some replacement vinyl windows. It has come down to two bids: one is for Okna 500 windows, the other for Sunrise Restoration. The Okna 500 bid is asking for $600 more.

There is a lot of info on Oknas and I know they are good...but is it worth the cost difference?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help! Okna 500 or Sunrise Restoration

Sunrise Restorations is a very good window and i applaud you for seeking out quality opposed to what most customers do: search for cheapness and regret it later( they always regret it).
That said, $600 is a very insignificant amount when you are talking about an investment that will last decades.
Think about it, would life be that much better if you saved a measly 600 bucks for a home improvement project?
I am just trying to put things in proper perspective.

o

I guess my issue is that I don't see a big quality difference when I look at the specs online for the Okna 500 and Sunrise Restoration. I haven't seen the windows in person, so perhaps appearance is a factor? Any guidance on why one is superior to the other would be appreciated.

My main issue is I want to reduce street noise as much as possible (and have good looking windows too).

o

I guess my issue is that I don't see a big quality difference when I look at the specs online for the Okna 500 and Sunrise Restoration. I haven't seen the windows in person, so perhaps appearance is a factor? Any guidance on why one is superior to the other would be appreciated.

My main issue is I want to reduce street noise as much as possible (and have good looking windows too).

o

Both are great windows, so you really can't go wrong with either one, therefore I'd choose the contractor you're more comfortable with.

o

+1 to ultra - both great windows - comes down to the installers. If they are both equal - flip a coin :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here