Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flgargoyle

Marvin Integrity V. ???

flgargoyle
11 years ago

I'm just about set on ordering Marvin Integrity wood/Ultrex for our new house, but I'm still researching. I also got quotes on Pella 450, Jeld-Wen, and Plygem Mira, but the Marvin is the only one that got decent reviews. Is there anything else I should be looking at in the Marvin price range or lower? Our window package is roughly $8K (it's a very small house), which is stretching our budget a little- I certainly can't go higher.

More info- mild climate (SC), mostly casements, and no vinyl. Since the house isn't built yet, I have plenty of wiggle room on sizes. Any thoughts?

Comments (6)

• PRO
    Windows on Washington Ltd
    11 years ago

For a casement window (casements are more expensive) with a wood interior and a completely weatherproof exterior, your pricing might be great.

I am not sure how many windows you have but of the choices you have listed, Marvin wins hands down.

• flgargoyle
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Most of the windows are running $425-$500 each. I was surprised that Marvin would be within my budget.

• LE
    11 years ago

We almost got those, but they didn't come in the color we wanted (ebony) with the wood interior, only with the white fiberglass interior. I think it would have been a fine choice otherwise-- it was a drag to have to start over on the decision-making! For a while we even considered painting them, but one of the pluses of fiberglass over wood exteriors was no painting, so that idea bit the dust!

• flgargoyle
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Marvin has conflicting information about painting in their brochure. In two different places, it says that the exteriors are paintable without affecting the durability of the fiberglass. But if you read the fine print in the warrantee, you will find that painting over their finish voids the warrantee! I wonder if anyone has every been caught by that.

We wanted a deep red, but will settle for the dark green, since that is what's available. I might paint the front windows a red to match the front door and take my chances on a warrantee issue.

• PRO
    Epiarch Designs
    11 years ago

check the warranty if it voids the finish warranty or the window warranty. I believe it is just the finish warranty, which obviously makes sense.

• HomeSealed
    11 years ago

If you are looking for a real wood interior on a budget, the Integrity is a great choice. I don't know if there are any other choices that I'd put in that class (good, yet budget-friendly).

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths