Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Andersen Narroline Window Repair

Posted by williamfw57 (My Page) on
Sun, May 17, 09 at 7:37

I have an Andersen Narroline window thats has a broken sash how do I get it out and to the glass co.? its not a pop out and it has the strings in it thanx

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Andersen Narroline Window Repair

Unfortunately for Andersen you really need to purchase a new sash. I would measure the visible glass only and take the measurements to your local LUMBERYARD or WINDOW DEALER(not Home Depot). They will order the sash for you and provide you with detailed instructions for the removal of the old sash as you need to carefully remove the split jamb liner then unplug the plastic piece on the end of the string being careful not to let it fly up and hit the plastic head piece on both sides of the sash. If its the upper sash your replacing you will need to repeat the string removal again. Replacing is done essentially in reverse. I would still ask at the dealer as the have these printed up that will make it much easier to follow.

o

This is voice of experience. When removing the balance strings,use a pair of vice grips with rubber pads on the jaws to grip the string at the location where it goes into the top of the window before removing it from the sash. Do this on both sides at the same time. These have a lot of tension on them. When you get the sash out hold onto the plastic piece that goes into the sash and release the pliers and SLOWLY let it spool into the head jamb. If these get away from you they will destroy themselves.

If you don't feel confident doing this yourself, let someone who has experience take out the old jamb and put in the new one. Before you put it in stain or paint the interior. A lot easier that way.

o

Call Andersen. They will directly sell you the sash and send a tech to your house to repair it.

Takes about 20 minutes and it'll set you back about 500 bucks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here