Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Adding window panes (reg, bay, sliding door)

Posted by jen4t25 (My Page) on
Wed, May 18, 11 at 7:17

We just bought a house & renovating basically everything. This is my 1st house & we just decided right before buying it to get a fixer upper so I never looked into the things I like & have changed my mind 100 times. Well, we ordered a new bow window, regular windows & a sliding deck door. I ordered all to be without panes but now I'm thinking I'd prefer panes.

Can I get snap on panes for all of them? If so, do they make ones that are easily removed for when I want to clean the windows to make it easier?

I'm really kicking myself now :(

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Adding window panes (reg, bay, sliding door)

Depends on what brand you bought. Some will offer snap in exterior grids, others will not.

Most snap ons will be for windows that are wood, so if you ordered vinyl windows, then I'd pull a 99% chance you wont find snap ons.

If they are vinyl and don't have snap ons, and you REALLY wanted to get grids, then you could ask the company about some SDL grids. They are basically "stick" on with double sided tape. You would probably have to just by sticks of it and do it your self and after the 1st one you would decided to keep them plain though :)

Good Luck

o

GulfBreeze's advice is dead on.

If they are vinyl, SDLs are going to be your best option and the next option would be inquiring about remade sashes with grids.

If I were you, I would call the company right now and see where the order is in process. You never know and some companies put orders in that batch several days later.

It is worth a shot.

o

Ok thank you! They were ordered by my father in law almost 2 weeks ago. Now that I know the terminology I can google things better ;)
I'll see how they look plain & if I don't like it then I'll order the stick on ones for just 1 window to see.
Thanks again!

o

Did you ever hear about newpanes.com? Check it out. It might be what you are looking for. I just found them on the web.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here