Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
sunrise standard or alside mezzo

Posted by linyu (My Page) on
Fri, May 2, 14 at 5:28

Received quotes for 12 casement and 8 double hungs. Beige/tan exterior, white interior.
Sunrise standard - $13000
Alside Mezzo - $10,000
I have read on this forum that the Sunrise Vangaurd or Restorations are great windows but my Sunrise dealer just has the standard window(Not Essentials). He is the only Sunrise dealer in my area. Your opinion on these windows? Can things be upgraded on standard window, like sash reinforcement? Is that necessary?
Also have learned on this forum that Alside windows in general are not a favorite. I know several people in town that have them and seem pleased. Are Mezzo improved enough to consider using them? Thanks for any advice you might be able to share.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: sunrise standard or alside mezzo

Hands down, the standard Sunrise. Not even close.

o

Agree 100%. Sunrise all the way, not even in the same class. I like the upgrade to reinforcement, but even without it this is not a fair comparison. See how your neighbors like the alsides in 5-10 years.

o

Exactly.. Ask your neighbors in 3-5 years how those Alsides are holding up.they wont be happy.
Request the foam filled frame as well.

o

Another vote for Sunrise.

Not enough tangible data on the new Alside to change my opinion just yet.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here