Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
French Door Second Door Latch Plates

Posted by mav3481 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 5, 11 at 23:50

All,

I purchased a Jeld-Wen door from Home Depot to replace an old Sliding Glass door (on a budget). I ordered Satin Nickel hardware, however HD/Jeld-Wen state that they don't have the latch plates for the top and bottom of the second "dummy" (which opens in my case) in satin nickel.

These go on the sill and the top of the door to stop it from moving back and forth. I'm trying to find these online.

The holes are 3/8" x 3/8", the plate being approximately 7/8" wide and 2 1/4" long.

Can anyone help? I'd like to buy them and go back up to Home Depot to have them give me money back.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: French Door Second Door Latch Plates

Good luck in this, the best thing you may try is to look at the flush bolts and try and find a brand name and if you find one try that manufacturer for the strike plates. If there is no brand( and I suspect there will not be) look on the internet at Ives or Stanley Hardware and see if they look similar and if they do try and get the plates from them at a local hardware store or lumberyard. My opinion has always been to be careful with the box stores as the small details always seem to get overlooked by them!!

o
RE: French Door Second Door Latch Plates

"Good luck in this, the best thing you may try is to look at the flush bolts and try and find a brand name and if you find one try that manufacturer for the strike plates. If there is no brand( and I suspect there will not be) look on the internet at Ives or Stanley Hardware and see if they look similar and if they do try and get the plates from them at a local hardware store or lumberyard. My opinion has always been to be careful with the box stores as the small details always seem to get overlooked by them!!"

I actually had e-mailed Jeld-Wen last night before I posted this and I got a phone call this morning. Apparently their supplier does not manufacture them, however they had some in their warehouse and they are sending them to me!

Can't receive if you don't ask...

I'll have one more door to replace, so I'll have to find two more at some point. Thanks for the pointers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here