Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sears Windows - any updates?

Posted by dbockwoldt (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 23, 10 at 22:28

I searched this forum for info about Sears replacement windows, and noticed a single post from 2009, with most posts between 2006-2007. Most posts were negative, saying that Sears was overpriced.

We had a Sears salesman here yesterday who quoted $3500 for a picture window, 2 casement windows, and one slider window. The windows were ?Wincor (something like that) but on this forum, most state that the manufacturer is Simonton.

Just wondering if others feel that Sears is still overpriced, and that a comparable window can be found much cheaper? We opted for the middle-range window.

Thanks,
Denise

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sears Windows - any updates?

Sears did switch from Simonton to Wincore recently. I don't know how they are pricing the Wincore but unless there is something unusual about your project,those prices seem high. I'd take a look at the Simonton Reflections 5500/Prism Platinum from a local dealer so you have some comparative pricing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here