Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Window blinds can be cut??

Posted by chinsb (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 7, 06 at 22:17

We replaced our windows and now the miniblinds don't fit any more. Is there a way the blinds can be cut to fit the new window frames? The blinds need to be about 1" less wide to fit. If we can't do that, we'd have to buy all new blinds which is pretty costly. I know that they cut blinds to fit at places like Home Depot, but I wonder if there's a place that would just cut our own blinds for a fee. Any ideas? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Window blinds can be cut??

Where to get it cut for free? How handy is your brother-in-law? If they were mine and I decided to cut them, I'd pull them up as tight as I could , tape with masking tape and run a hack saw through them or, a cross cut saw if I had one.

o

here is a place where you can find a lot of useful resources regarding winde blinds as well as on-line shops to buy new ones

http://directory.atom-sounds.com/shopping/home_and_garden/

o

here is the url that actually works

Here is a link that might be useful: Window blinds

o

I cut them all the time with my chop saw. As posted, tightly bound and marked, a hacksaw with a sharp blade will also work.

Get them even on the edges and tape them tight to stay that way and they will cut evenly. Cut some off each end so that they still look even.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here