Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Construction Albuquerque Pella vs Marvin

Posted by NMSteve (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 1, 13 at 21:38

Getting ready to break ground on a new custom home. The home has 25 windows, 3 patio inswing doors and a 16' four panel slider. The windows are casements, fixed, and a few awnings. The majority of the windows are 3' x 6' with the doors all being 8 'tall. We are really wanting the wood look on the interior so vinyl really isn't an option. The local builder recommends pella. I asked him if he was familiar with any of the issues with Pella and said he has installed thousands of Pella windows with very few complaints.The sales rep (selling Pella for 20 years) from pella said that the majority of Pella issues were from coastal areas and he has never heard of these issues in the dry climate of the southwest. So, we got bids for the Pella Architect and Designer series with integrated cellular shades. The Architect came in at $19,030.00 and the Designer Series is $28,437.00. I read alot about the Marvin Integrity and am thinking this might be my best option. Their quote was $21,254.00. Also got a quote for the Marvin Infinity series and it was $23,675.00 .

Looking for pros/cons for each to assist in making my decision. Other considerations I'm aware of here in Albuquerque are Kolbe, Wethershield, Hurd, Eagle, Serious, Anderson, and Sierra Pacific.

Of these, I might be interesedt in the Kolbe, Anderson 400 or the Sierra Pacific.

Any opinions/experience would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Construction Albuquerque Pella vs Marvin

Out of your 4 quotes, I would go with the marvin infinity. But I would also take a good look at the Andersen A series. very nice window !!!

o

Was the Integrity quote for the all Ultrex or Wood/Ultrex combo?

If the latter, that is a good number on a good window.

If not, the Infinity is the better quote as it is much prettier than the all Ultrex Integrity.

o

The Integrity is the Wood/Ultrex combo and as far as I can tell, it seems to be my best quote. As for the Infinity, it's really hard to tell if their quote was good since they are the only Infinity dealer in the area. I'm leaning toward the Integrity strictly based on the cost difference. BTW, the doors from both the Marvin lines are for the same door; Integrity nor Infinity didn't offer so they quoted a traditional Marvin. Thanks for your suggestions.

This post was edited by NMSteve on Tue, Apr 2, 13 at 18:48

o

If it was the Integrity Wood/Ultrex combo, that is a fairly attractive window. If you were talking about the all Ultrex, I would highly recommend you see that window in person before making the decision on purchase.

o

I was leaning toward the Marvin Integrity but then I went to look at the Sierra Pacific and they ended up about $2,000 cheaper. It seems like a very nice and well built window.

What are the opinions on the Sierra Pacific window?

o

Average at best and not even close to Integrity period.

o

+1

MillWorkMan knows his stuff on these windows and I also think that your money is better spent with Marvin.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here