Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nmsteve

New Construction Albuquerque Pella vs Marvin

nmsteve
10 years ago

Getting ready to break ground on a new custom home. The home has 25 windows, 3 patio inswing doors and a 16' four panel slider. The windows are casements, fixed, and a few awnings. The majority of the windows are 3' x 6' with the doors all being 8 'tall. We are really wanting the wood look on the interior so vinyl really isn't an option. The local builder recommends pella. I asked him if he was familiar with any of the issues with Pella and said he has installed thousands of Pella windows with very few complaints.The sales rep (selling Pella for 20 years) from pella said that the majority of Pella issues were from coastal areas and he has never heard of these issues in the dry climate of the southwest. So, we got bids for the Pella Architect and Designer series with integrated cellular shades. The Architect came in at $19,030.00 and the Designer Series is $28,437.00. I read alot about the Marvin Integrity and am thinking this might be my best option. Their quote was $21,254.00. Also got a quote for the Marvin Infinity series and it was $23,675.00 .

Looking for pros/cons for each to assist in making my decision. Other considerations I'm aware of here in Albuquerque are Kolbe, Wethershield, Hurd, Eagle, Serious, Anderson, and Sierra Pacific.

Of these, I might be interesedt in the Kolbe, Anderson 400 or the Sierra Pacific.

Any opinions/experience would be appreciated.

Comments (7)